Saturday, September 10, 2011

Purpose

We are all created for purpose.

Those of us who know Christ know the grand purpose of living in such a way as to make Him known.  
But aren't there also smaller purposes?  
I've been in a small struggle with discovering that "smaller" purpose.
It seems that I have been only lightly searching and consistently failing.  I typically move every 3 years (though it's been 4 in this house!), change jobs at least every 5 years, and become restless even more often.   


I don't have children, but I do have lots of opportunities to be around them and make a difference.  I would like to be around my nieces and nephews more, but I still get to participate in their lives, and if I may be so bold, I feel a little more of a "special effect" since I live in Alaska!  I don't feel that this is a loss that I feel, but it still remains that there is a lack of purpose.


My love of nature and former career in Landscape Design was very satisfying, but still left a gap.  It seemed crazy to expect payment for a service that was somewhat meaningless other than visually pleasing.  It was a difficult balance for me.  I understand the pull to farm so much more - as it provides something much more necessary.  I will always love the beauty of the amazing varieties that God has provided (and continues to) and I will never discount the work others do, but it left something missing for me.


So what does this mean?  I don't really know.  I just know that I have so many opportunities to discover my smaller purpose that contributes to my greater purpose!  I am thankful to be in a place that offers me this freedom.  And promise.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a deep thinker, and a beautiful one at that!

    ReplyDelete