Monday, August 17, 2009

Hiatus Over!

Wow. That was a long break.
I'll try to keep up.
This last week, I had my dad up for a visit. If you'd like to see all we did, click here and see the adventures in Denali National Park. Oh, alright, here's a picture or two!
I have to say, the entire visit was pretty fun. The trip to Denali was good, and though we didn't see the mountain, the wildlife was abundant. The rest of the visit went well, and I'm glad to have had an opportunity to make some positive memories with my dad. There was actually only one stressful time that passed without any regrets, but with my principles stated. I have an idea what parents must go through when their kids are doing things that are less than desirable!

Anyway, I have to say that I have the best small group of women friends who lifted me up all week in prayer. I know their prayers kept me going and protected us from any untamed tongues among other physical threats! I have been so moved by the love I have received from "my" small group. I want to own these gals as family, and I hope they feel the same about me.

It's been a journey to discover my need for girlfriends. I had previously prided myself about my independence from girlfriends, but to what purpose? I have no idea. I guess I had been jaded by adolescent behaviors by girls and wrote them off. I have since learned the value and wisdom of women! I have also since learned that although women are not perfect, we need each other. I have been able to share my feelings, good and bad, and receive advice and prayer. I have also hopefully been able to lift them up. Isn't this what we are designed for? I have been so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. "I have been so moved by the love I have received from "my" small group. I want to own these gals as family, and I hope they feel the same about me." Ditto!

    ReplyDelete