Sunday, January 16, 2011

Family Sick?

I am one of the most fortunate and blessed of all people on earth.  Above are some of the reasons why.  These are my siblings and spouses, all of whom I absolutely love.  I'm not homesick - I'm family sick!

My Mom took this picture this past Christmas, and we are all wearing Drawn From Water shirts that she gave us!  I love it!  Even though I look a bit beefy since I have the T over my sweater!!  I'm not vain or anything...

After spending some real time with family, I was reminded of how wonderful my family is and how much I value them.  We are not remotely perfect.  We all have our issues.  Despite it all, we love each other and mostly we are bound by our love of Christ.  I used to think this was normal.  I know now that it is extraordinary.  I wish I had more contact with it!

I've been moping about for the last week or so, bemoaning the fact that I now live 3500 miles (as the geese fly - you know crows don't go that far) away from this family cell.  My poor husband, who I love even more than all the others, has been having to put up with my short temper, lack of motivation, and general unpleasantness.  To him, I must apologize!

I will be getting better soon, I promise.  I know how fortunate I am to have family I love to visit and how it breaks my heart to leave them.  I am thankful. I am thankful for each moment that I have with them, and how it makes me more intentional about how I show my love for them.  This intentionality is something I hope I can continue into other relationships.  I think I'm getting tired of living on the surface.  It's not very fulfilling.  And...it doesn't look like I'll be moving anywhere soon, so instead holding back and staying where it is comfortable, it's time to be real.  I suppose this sounds a bit choppy, but I think this is my next step in obedience.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say you are on the right track. Love you--and miss you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great photo of those you love and miss! Hang in, things will improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great that you realize how blessed you are to have that family!! kind of goes along with the post you wrote after this one...prejudices & homelessness. there but by the Grace of God go i (or you).

    i love how much you love your family. i also needed to hear about being intentional. i sit around moping because of my life circumstances and need to be more intentional when those days of wellness are gifted to me.

    miss you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete