Monday, September 21, 2009

Missing My Man Monday

I'm pretty sad, really. I leave for 2 weeks on my adventures and it seems like it's not a big deal. This time, I'm the one that's been left at home. I'm in a little mini-depression. I haven't had the motivation to cook myself one single meal. Nope. Not one. Yes, I'm a little prone to laziness, but I think it's more that I miss my husband.
To make matters worse (for me), one of my sweet friends got engaged and is all gooey and sweet over her fiance (which she should be)! I couldn't be happier for her, and it's been so much fun to share in her joy. I spent some time with her and her man yesterday and then came home to my dogs. Have I mentioned that, although I love the dogs (like I love cheese), I don't love them like my husband does. They just don't fill that gap for me. I felt a little down. A bit bummed.
I wondered how much this mimics my feelings when I have had a disconnect with the Lord. I don't seem to lose it completely, but I get a little off. The nice thing about my Jesus, I don't have to wait til He comes home on a plane. I just invite Him to join me again, and He's there. He's always there, but sometimes I put things in front of Him and I seem to lose sight of Him. I hope I get as excited when I reconnect with Jesus as I do when I see my husband.
I can't go any deeper. I'm just missin' my man too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment