Saturday, April 4, 2009

How Great Is Our God?!


How great, indeed.
I have been reading recently in Psalms. I have no real plan there, but just felt like praising! I have been skipping the lament Psalms and focusing on those that give thanks. The Psalmists have been so much more adept at putting into words what I feel lately.
Psalm 19 has been so perfect today. Not only have I seen the glory of nature in the steaming plumes of Mt. Redoubt and the perfect 2.5" snowfall the other day, but I feel the restoration and knowledge from His Words. I have felt filled and joyful when I spend time with Him. I have also felt open and exposed. I feel that when I want to have my whole self filled with the Spirit, I have to open up all of those areas. In that vulnerability, I have to humble myself to admit those deep-seeded faults and sins. How wonderful that He is quick to forgive and heal!
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer."
I am deeply seeking His guidance now as I prepare to begin a women's Bible study group. I have felt the need for myself at least, to be filled midweek with encouragement and teaching. I admit that I have some specific desires for the group, but I truly want the Spirit to lead. I don't have a concrete plan, unusual for me, and I don't even have a location, date, or time pinned down! I expect the Lord to guide and open the doors for the right logistics. Don't worry! I do have options! I have never led a group or taught above elementary school ages, and I feel a bit overwhelmed. I am extremely excited to see what the Lord is bringing and that I get to be a part of it. I have been encouraged and lifted up in this process and whatever happens, Jesus will be glorified.
Any studies that you'd suggest we can start with?! Again I have ideas, but I will never reject insight and instruction from those who have been there before me!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know I am enjoying your photos of beautiful Alaska and your posts about your journey as God's child.

    ReplyDelete